2017 Vermilion Farmers Market Overview
Our purpose is to sell locally grown produce and products, local cottage industry products, local art, and local crafted items directly to consumers. This is a wonderful opportunity to bring local products for sale to residents and visitors coming to downtown Vermilion, as well as to encourage them to visit the different merchants and restaurants.
Dates: Saturdays from June 24, 2017 through Sept. 9, 2017—rain or shine.
Place: Victory Park, downtown Vermilion—corner of Ohio and Main streets.
Fees: $10/Saturday or a discounted seasonal rental fee of $100 for those vendors who commit to participate in all 12 market days. A limited number of tents are available for a fee of $12/Saturday or $120/season.
Would you like to be a vendor at the Farmer's Market? We are looking for vendors offering produce, meat and cheese. Complete a vendor application here.
- Vendors should arrive by 9:30am and be set-up and ready to sell by 10:00am and close sales at 2:00pm. Vendors must remain at the market until 2:00pm or until sold out—shoppers expect you to be there so please do not leave early.
- Vendors are responsible for removing all garbage and trash from the area before leaving.
- Market prices for all items must be visibly posted.
- Stands must be operated in a sanitary, neat and safe manner.
- Meat/poultry/eggs/dairy must be stored in appropriate refrigerator/freezer at the market and vendors of such foodstuffs must have appropriate licenses and may be subject to Erie County Health Department inspection. For additional information, see the Ohio Department of Agriculture fact sheet.
- All cottage food products must be labeled in accordance with the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture guidelines and may be subject to Erie County Health Department inspection. Questions? Please contact Market Manager.
- All other vendors are responsible for any vendor licenses that might be necessary—if you need information, visit Ohio Department of Taxation.
- All required licenses must be displayed.
- There is no consignment or resale of private label goods permitted.
- Vendors who use our tents will be responsible for any damage to the tents.
- Main Street Vermilion is not liable for any loss, damage, or injury.
- New for 2017—in respect for those with allergies and asthma there is to be no smoking within the park.
- If you cannot attend the market, a 24-hour notice must be given to the Market Manager or designee.
- In case of severe weather, or the potential for severe weather, a determination whether or not to cancel the market that day will be made by 7:00am on Saturday via e-mail—please look at your e-mails if you have any doubt.
Full-time vendors who have prepaid for the season will be given a permanent designated space.
You can unload on 3 sides of the park (north, east, and south); however, if you unload on the south side (Ohio St.) you must move your vehicle after unloading— the police dept. only allows "active" unloading and loading. There is to be no unloading, standing, or parking directly across from the fire station—there will be orange cones in that area. Fire trucks cannot turn out of the fire station if any vehicles are in the area directly across from them.
We encourage vendors to either park, after unloading, behind the church or in the Grand Division Parking Lot across the tracks on the west side of the street (get token from Main Street table or Market Manager)—both are free parking. We want customers to be able to find a parking spot.
There is absolutely no driving or parking on the grass anywhere in the park. There is a Porta Potty located on the north side of the park by the railroad tracks. If you rent one of our tents there is to be nothing stapled to any part of the tent. We hope to have a special event for each Saturday again this year.